Google Maps Driving Directions gadget - useful for a "Contact Us" page

Google organizes "the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful" but info about some of its own products may be a little difficult to find. If there was a reference to Driving Directions gadget & the Static Maps wizard on the Google Maps API Family page, they could be easily discovered. As these useful utilities exist on orphaned pages and are hard to find, many developers may go on to create their own components.

The Google Driving Directions gadget is a nifty utility that organizations can configure for their websites to show on a map where they are located. More importantly, it optionally lets users type their location & then shows the travel route visually & through textual instructions.



Comments

  1. how can I use the gadget to go to multiple locations (with addresses)...

    I know I can use:
    Big Bear Lake | Big Bear City
    in destinations, but I want it to display "Big Bear Lake" but let me define the address, not look it up for me... any ideas? somethings like
    "Big Bear Lake"[1 main street, big bear lake, ca]
    would be nice...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment