* With Azure Monitor Notifications you can receive alerts via SMS, email, or a WebHook when Azure is experiencing an incident or when something is logged to your Activity Logs.
* Windows Azure Active Directory Sync (DirSync) or Azure AD Sync are deprecated and reached end of support on April 13, 2017. Azure AD Connect can be used to integrate your on-premises directories with Azure Active Directory. This allows you to provide a common identity for your users for Office 365, Azure, and SaaS applications integrated with Azure AD.
* A Man in the Middle attack, or MITM, is a situation wherein a malicious entity can read/write data that is being transmitted between two or more systems (in most cases, between you and the website that you are surfing). MITMs are common in China, thanks to the “Great Cannon.”. The “Great Cannon” is slightly different from the “The Great Firewall.” The firewall monitors web traffic moving in and out of China and blocks prohibited content. The Great Cannon, on the other hand, acts as a man in the middle and is not just able to eavesdrop on the conversation taking place between two or more systems, but is also capable of altering the content or redirecting the users to a different property on the Internet without the user even realizing that he/she is not communicating with the intended machine. HTTPS, otherwise known as HTTP over TLS/SSL or HTTP Secure is vital in preventing MITM attacks - Royal Pingdom
* IIT-Delhi graduates Sachin Bansal (left) and Binny Bansal started Flipkart in 2007 with around Rs 4 lakh. It has a 8,000-plus team, 120,000 sellers, 26 or so warehouses, and around 160 mini warehouses - Forbes India
* Americans on an average eat 122 kg per year per person and Indians 3-5 kg per year per person. The average American consumption of meat is 1.5 times the average protein requirement.
* The bulk of the 95 million tonnes of beef produced in the world comes from cattle in Latin America, Europe and North America
* Cows and buffaloes give milk for seven-eight years of their 15-20 years of life. If the animals are fed properly and looked after well, it costs about Rs 70,000 per animal per year. Males of cows and buffaloes are now roughly 28 per cent of the total cattle population. Their main purpose is breeding - NDTV
* Health professionals recommend that adults receive tetanus boosters at least every ten years, as preventing tetanus is much easier than curing it once infected. It isn’t the rust that causes the infection, rather it’s a type of bacteria, Clostridium tetani, that's on the rusty nail that causes the infection. This bacterium is ubiquitous in the natural environment — spores lurk in soil, dust, and in animal intestines and feces. Once the bacterium finds its way into the body, it may produce a toxin that spreads systemically. It also interferes with the central nervous system, producing muscle stiffness, rigidity, or spasms. For those that suspect they’ve been exposed to tetanus, there are a number of symptoms to watch out for — the most frequent symptom is a stiff jaw, followed by a stiff neck, and then muscular stiffness and spasms throughout the body. Tetanus symptoms appear anywhere from a few days to several weeks after the tetanus bacteria enters the body. The tetanus vaccination works by causing the body to respond to an inactivated form of the tetanus toxin, thereby developing antibodies. The vaccine is usually given to children as part of the diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (DTaP) shot. - Go Ask Alice!
* Each Fold-In of Al Jaffee is a reflection of the zeitgeist
* Scott Adams praises Trump - "You can tell that President Trump is a systems-thinker by looking at what I call his Talent Stack. He amassed an impressive set of complementary skills over his lifetime that would make him successful at almost anything he did, from hosting reality TV shows, to running for president. Notice that he is a good public speaker with a strong understanding of persuasion, politics, business strategy, and more. Add all of that to his sense of humor, his energy, his ability to endure brutal criticism, and his natural intelligence, and you have super-powerful person who can succeed in a lot of different ways."
* Microsoft India has introduced a new family caregiver leave benefit, which includes four weeks of paid leave to take care of an immediate family member with a serious health condition. Definition of family in this case is spouse/domestic partner, parent/in-law, sibling, grandparent or child. - NDTV
* Lumen is a measure of brightness. Watts are a measure of how much electricity a bulb consumes. LEDs last up to 100,000 hours, compared to 1,000 for incandescent bulbs and 10,000 hours for fluorescent lights.